violate: v. 侵犯,違反
Don't violate other people's copyright.
不要侵犯他人版權。
I'm committed not to violate the rules.
我有義務不違反規定。
關于“幾點鐘方向”:
假設自己站在表盤的中心,
假如我現在站在你正右方,這時就說“我站在你的三點鐘方向”。
假如我現在站在你正左方,這時就說“我站在你的九點鐘方向”。
假如我站在你的正前方,就說“我站在你的十二點或零點方向”。
假如我正好站在你后面,就說“我在你六點方向”。
dream about:夢見,夢想
He often dreams about his days in the countryside.
他常夢見在鄉下的那些日子。
I dreamed about you last night.昨晚我夢見你了。
I dreamt about flying last night.昨夜我夢見我在飛翔。
go over: 走過去,檢查,復習,越過
Let's just go over these figures again.
我們再檢查一下這些數字吧。
Tom went over the text before the exam.
湯姆考試前復習課文。
Don't go over that line or your throw won't count.
別越過那條線,否則你的投擲就會被判無效。
be out of one's league: 配不上
out of someone’s league從字面上理解是不是某人的聯盟和圈子。當用于形容人時,表示一人“高攀不上”另一個人;當有些事情out of your league時,表示這件事情你無法處理,或者不是在你的職責范圍內。
Examples:
He was so good-looking and so popular that I felt he was a little out of my league.
他長得又好,又受歡迎,我恐怕我高攀不起。
Those questions are unfortunately out of my league.I can contact someone higher up and have them call you as soon as they are able.Is that acceptable to you? 這些問題并不在我的職責范圍內。我可以聯系更高職位的人,讓他們與您取得聯系。您看可以接受嗎?