Sheldon:Fifteen years old.
15歲。
Dennis Kim is 15 years old, and he's already correcting my work.
丹尼斯•金才15歲就已經能糾正我的研究成果了。
Today, I went from being Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, to...
今天,我從莫扎特一下子變成了……
You know that other guy.
那個,另一個人。
Howard:Antonio Salieri?
安東尼奧•薩利埃雷? (宮廷樂師,據稱因嫉妒而害死莫扎特)
Sheldon:Oh God, now even you're smarter than me.
天啊,現在連你也比我聰明了。
Howard:You know, Sheldon, you don't have so many friends
我說,Sheldon,你并沒有那么多朋友
That you can afford to start insulting them.
能讓你隨意侮辱。
Leonard:Just eat, Sheldon, you'll feel better.
吃點東西吧Sheldon,吃完你就會感覺好一點。
Sheldon:Why waste food?
何必再浪費食物?
In Texas, when a cow goes dry, they don't keep feeding it,
在德克薩斯,要是一頭奶牛不產奶了,他們才不會繼續喂它,
They just take her out and shoot her between the eyes.
他們會把它帶出去,對準腦門來一槍。
(不知道這是不是真的,不過即使真有這回事,恐怕也只有Sheldon這樣有才的活寶才能打出這樣的比方。)
Penny:I'm confused.
我給弄糊涂了。
Did Sheldon stop giving milk?
Sheldon不產奶了?
(好吧,Penny,你盡管嘲笑吧。待會兒你就會領教Sheldon的狠招了。他說話時從不會故意傷人,卻總能把人傷得淋漓盡致......)
Leonard:You can't let this kid get to you.
別為了這個小孩子悶悶不樂。
You always knew that someday someone would come along who was younger and smarter.
你知道總有一天會有人比你年輕比你聰明。
Sheldon:Yes, but I assumed I would've been dead hundreds of years
是,可我認為那時我已死了幾百年了。
And that there'd be an asterisk by his name because he'd be a cyborg.
asterisk:星號 cyborg:電子人,半機器人
而且他的名字后面還有個*號,注釋著他是個半機器人。
Penny:So you've got a little competition.
這么說,你有一個小競爭對手了。
I really don't see what the big deal is.
我不明白這有什么大不了的。
Sheldon:Well, of course you don't.
你當然不會明白。
You've never excelled at anything.
excel:優于,擅長
你從來沒有成為過頂尖人物。
Penny:I don't understand
我不明白…
Exactly how did he get any friends in the first place?
他最初是怎么交到朋友的?
(不光你不明白,我們大家都不明白說話殺人不見血的Sheldon最開始是怎么交到這幾個好朋友的。這幾個人在謝耳朵的炮火攻擊下居然活了下來,實屬不易。)