Well, shit.
真不錯
The kid passed. C + average.
他考取了 平均丙上
Thought you'd like to know.
跟你報個喜
Warden wants to talk.
典獄長找你談話
Out here?
在這兒?
That's what the man said.
他是這樣說的
Warden?
典獄長
I'm asking you to keep this conversation just between us.
湯米 這次會面要你守密
I feel awkward enough as it is.
我良心深感不安
We got a situation here.
他的判決出了問題
I think you can appreciate that.
我想你明白
Yes, sir.
是的
I sure can.
我明白
I tell you, son, this thing really came along and knocked my wind out.
這件事真的使我震驚
It's got me up nights.That's the truth.
我連覺都睡不好
The right thing to do
我該怎么做才好
sometimes it's hard to know what that is.
有時連我也不清楚
Do you understand?
你了解嗎?
I need your help, son.
我需要你的協助
If I'm going to move on this there can't be the least little shred of doubt.
我要有十足把握才能翻案
I have to know
我得知道
if what you told Dufresne was the truth.
你是否說實話
Yes, sir.
是的
Absolutely.
字字屬實
Would you be willing to swear before a judge and jury
你愿在法官及陪審團前宣誓
with your hand on the Good Book
并且手按圣經
and take an oath before Almighty God himself?
在上主跟前起誓?
Just give me that chance.
我絕不遲疑
That's what I thought.
我也是這樣想
I'm sure by now you've heard.
相信你已聽說了
Terrible thing.
真慘
A man that young
英年早逝
less than a year to go, trying to escape.
剩不到一年還要逃
Broke Captain Hadley's heart to shoot him.
射殺他令海利傷透心
Truly, it did.
真的是這樣
We just have to put it behind us.
我們只有忘掉這事
Move on.
繼續過日子
I'm done.
到此為止
Everything stops.
我不干了
Get someone else to run your scams.
你找別人幫你誣錢
Nothing stops.
不會停止
Nothing.
要繼續
Or you will do the hardest time there is.
否則我要你生不如死
No more protection from the guards.
不再讓警衛保護你
I'll pull you out of that 1 -bunk Hilton and cast you down with the sodomites.
不再讓你一人一間牢房 把你丟到雞奸狂當中
You'll think you've been fucked by a train.
日日夜夜輪奸不休
And the library?
圖書館呢?
Gone.
沒了
Sealed off, brick by brick.
用磚頭封死掉
We'll have us a little book barbecue in the yard.
在操場焚書
They'll see the flames for miles.
幾里外都看得見火光
We'll dance around it like wild Injuns.
大家圍著火跳紅蕃舞
You understand me? Catching my drift?
我的話你懂嗎?
Or am I being obtuse?
我是呆瓜嗎?
vi. 漂流,漂移,漂泊,吹積,偏離
vt.