134.Gang Leadership
134.黑幫領導
"Okay, now keep the noise level down! We're going in!" They all were silent. "And keep your fingers crossed!"
"行啦,將噪音弄小一點兒!我們要進去啦!"大家都安靜下來。"祈求好運吧!"
Dave slipped in the window of the store. The rest followed.
戴夫從商店窗戶溜了進去。其他人跟著進去了。
They knew that they had to keep pace with Dave since this was his idea.
他們知道他們得跟著戴夫,因為這是他的主意。
He had even told them to keep their opinions to themselves, it was his gang and they had to do what he said!
他甚至還叫他們別提意見,因為他是頭兒,他們得聽他的!
Tony didn't like it much, but he kept it to himself.
托尼有些不買賬,但他沒有表露出來。
Then they reached the cash register, broke into it and started taking money!
接著他們找到了現金出納機,把它撬開,然后開始拿錢!
They stopped keeping their eyes peeled, however, and didn't notice the police car driving by.
可是他們沒有保持警覺,警車開過來他們都沒有注意到。
When it turned around and the policeman walked up to the store they all hid.
等到警車轉過頭,警察走上來,他們才都躲了起來。
"Keep your heads!" Dave whispered as he kept one hand in one of his pockets.
"別慌!"戴夫小聲說道,一只手放在一個口袋里。
"And if anyone is caught, keep your word about not telling who the other gang members are!"
"萬一有人被抓,要遵守諾言,別說出其他黑幫成員是誰!"
"Keep your chin up!" Tony whispered to Tommy, who was usually the first one to fail to keep his head above water when things got dangerous.
"別灰心!"托尼小聲對湯米說,一遇危險他總是第一個挺不住。
Tony was scared too, but he kept his mind on the woods. That calmed him down.
托尼也很害怕,但他一心想著那片樹林。這使他鎮靜了許多。
Then the policeman started to come in. He knew they were there. They started to run.
然后警察進來了。他知道他們躲在里面。他們開始逃跑。
As Tony passed Dave he said, "Keep your hand off the gun, Dave. That will only make things worse."
托尼經過戴夫時說"別拿槍,戴夫。那樣只會把事情弄得更糟。"
"Keep your mouth shut, Tony! What do you know about anything?"
"住嘴,托尼!你懂什么?"
And then Dave stood up and pointed at the policeman. He was never able to keep his temper.
說完戴夫站起來把槍對準了警察。他永遠也捺不住性子。
The policeman fired and Dave went down. Tony was lucky to get away!
警察開槍了,戴夫倒下了。托尼幸運地逃脫了!
"You're the boss now!" Tommy said when they all gathered back at the hiding place.
"現在你是老大啦!"大家回到躲藏地點時湯米說。
"My first command! No more robbing convenience stores!"
"我的第一個命令!以后不許再搶劫便利商店!"