117.Books or Men?
117.是書還是男人?
"Hi, Judy." Marcy said as she came into the restaurant where they were meeting.
"嗨,朱迪",瑪西進到她們見面的飯店時說。
"I've got a feeling you're going to love what I brought with me today!"
"我覺得你會喜歡我今天帶來的東西!"
"Ice cream!" Judy replied with excitement.
"冰淇淋!"朱迪激動地回答道。
"No silly! A new romance novel! It's so good I can't put it down!"
"別傻了!是一本新的愛情小說!這本書太好啦。我都對它愛不釋手了!"
"Oh. Well, if I were you I wouldn't read so much about romance, but have some!" Judy said.
"噢。如果我是你,我就不會讀那么多愛情故事,而是談談戀愛!"朱迪說。
"If not, well then those books will be all you'll ever have."
"要不然,你就只有這些書了。"
"I'll say! But I have no idea which way to turn." Marcy sighed.
"當然!可我還是不知道該怎么辦。"瑪西嘆道。
"I went to the bars, I went to the gym, I went to the YMCA. You should see my bag!
"我去過酒吧,去過健身房,也去過天主教青年會。你應該看看我的包!
I've got ID cards for 15 places! But everywhere I go it seems like men are from the Ice Ages!"
我有15個地方的身份證!可無論我走到哪里,好像男人們都是從冰河時代來的!"
"I know. But you have to keep looking. And I've seen worse!
"這我知道。但你要一直尋找。我還見過更糟糕的呢!
Believe me, at least some men from the Ice Ages have animal magnetism," Judy said with a laugh.
相信我,至少有些從冰河時代來的人有動物磁性。"朱迪笑著說。
"If only there were more men like the men from the books!" Marcy moaned.
"要是有更多的男人像書里描寫的男人就好啦!"瑪西悲傷地說。
"If it were not for them, I'd really give up dating!"
"要不是他們,我真的要放棄約會了!"
"Well, if necessary, maybe you should stop reading the books and come back to reality?" Judy suggested.
"是了,如果必要的話,也許你應該停止讀那些書,回到現實中來。"朱迪建議說。
"Whoops. Look at the time. I've got to go!" Marcy said, clasping the books close to her body.
"哎喲,看這時間。我得走啦!"瑪西說,把書緊緊抱在懷里。
"Marcy! Don't leave!" Judy called. But it was too late. Marcy was gone out the door!
"瑪西!別走!"朱迪喊道。可是太晚了?,斘饕呀洺隽碎T!
Judy had suggested the one thing Marcy would never do: give up her books!
朱迪提的建議是瑪西永遠都不會做的:放棄她那些書!