97.Time for a Swim
97.是游泳的時候了
"Hey Joey, were you able to give Mikey a call?" Mary asked.
"嗨,喬伊,你給米奇打電話了嗎?"瑪麗問。
"Yeah. But he was getting ready for a date.
"打了,但他正在為一個約會做準備。
So he couldn't come. I did give Jeff a lift, though, so he's here!"
所以他過不來。不過,我讓杰夫搭了便車,所以他來了! "
"Okay. Well, I guess we can begin the party.
"好的,我想我們可以開始我們的聚會了。
Do you want to get wet in the pool now or later?" Mary smiled.
你是想現在就到游泳池弄濕一下還是待會兒再說?"瑪麗笑道。
"I got this new suit from a gift shop in the Adirondacks just in order to swim at this party!"
"我從阿迪朗達克一家禮品店買了這件新泳衣,就是為了能在這次聚會時游游泳!"
"Cool. Let's go! You dive first and I'll give you the thumbs-up if it was a good one!"
"太酷了,我們走吧!你先跳水,如果跳得好,我會對你豎大拇指的!"
When Mary dived, Joey gave her a thumbs-down!
瑪麗跳了下去,喬伊做了個拇指朝下的動作。
"Aw, c'mon. Give me a break, that was a great dive!" Mary called from the water.
"哦!別!給我一次機會吧,我剛才跳得還不錯!"瑪麗在水里喊道。
"Give me another chance and I'll do an even better dive!"
"再給我一次機會,我會跳得更好的!"
After Joey gave Mary a helping hand, she stepped to the board again.
喬伊幫了瑪麗一把,她又走到了跳臺上。
"Now concentrate, Mary," Joey yelled jokingly. "Rise above yourself and pretend you're an Olympic diver..."
"集中精力,瑪麗喬伊開玩笑說。"自以為是一點兒,假裝你是奧運選手……"
"Shut up!" she laughed back.
"你閉嘴!"她笑著回敬道。
After giving a thumbs-up, Joey gave her a hand again with getting out of the pool!
喬伊豎起大拇指,然后把她從游泳池扶了上來!
"Good job!" Joey said.
"你真棒!"喬伊說。
"And you are gifted with a flair for teasing! Or at least the ability to give a false color to your statements!"
"你真有戲弄別人的天分!至少你有歪曲事實的能力!"
They both laughed.
他們倆都笑了。
"I know, I know. Here let's sit down. I don't want to swim yet.
"我知道,我知道。我們坐下吧。我還不想游泳。
Oh, here's the gift catalog you lent me last week.
啊,這是你上星期借給我的禮品目錄。
I didn't find anything I like. But I do like your swimsuit.
我沒有找到我喜歡的東西,但我真的喜歡你的游泳衣。
Where was that gift shop again?"
你說那個禮品店是在什么地方來著?"