58.Time to Get Better
58.該好一點了
"Whoa! This cough medicine costs a fortune!" Beth exclaimed at the pharmacy.
"哇!這種咳嗽藥可真貴!"貝絲在藥店里大聲說道。
"Don't worry about it!" her mother said as she got out the money to pay.
"別擔心!"媽媽掏錢付款時說。
"Even if this medicine would cost an arm and a leg I would buy it for you.
"即使這種藥要花好多錢,我也會給你買的。
You have to get some sleep tonight so that you can get caught up on your course work tomorrow!
你今天晚上一定要睡個好覺,這樣你明天就能把功課做完了!
You have to cover a lot of ground and I want you better in the morning!"
你得快點好起來,我希望你早晨起來就好一點啦!"
"But I haven't been abte to sleep all week!" Beth said.
"可我一個星期都沒睡好了!"貝絲說。
Then she quickly turned away to cover up her mouth to cough.
接著她把頭轉到一邊,用手掩著嘴咳嗽起來。
"I've tried everything, counting sheep, watching TV, reading ... Nothing works!"
"我什么都試過了:數羊、看電視、看書……什么都不管用!"
"Well, we won't count on those old methods tonight.
"好啦,今天晚上我們不靠這些老辦法啦。
This medicine is so strong that it will knock you out for a good night's rest!
這種藥效果好,它會使你整個晚上都睡得好好的!
Tomorrow you can crack your books and cram for those tests that are coming up!"
明天你就能開卷讀書為即將到來的考試臨時抱抱佛腳了!"
"I hope so!" Beth replied. "My teacher has practically counted me out of taking the tests.
"希望如此!"貝絲答道。"老師基本上已經不把我算在考生之內了。
She said that I should just plan on taking the course again next semester.
她說我應該考慮下個學期重新修這門課。
But I told her to count me in! I don't want to get any further behind!"
不過我告訴過她要把我算在內的!我不想再落后了! "
"Yeah, it's too bad that those tests count for fifty percent of your grade," Mom said.
"是的,糟糕的是那些考試占你成績的50%,媽媽說。
"You don't want to miss those!"
"你不想錯過這些考試!"
"Yeah,and I can count the days until the tests on one hand!" Beth replied.
"是啊,我可以用一只手數出考試前的日期! "貝絲回答道。
"Don't count out the days like that. We'll count the cost later.
"別那樣數日子。我們以后再來佔計不利條件。
Let's just get you home now and get you in bed!"
現在我們馬上回家讓你上床睡覺!"