43.Getting Ready to Go
43.準備出發
"Jack!" Mom called forth into the living room.
"杰克!"媽媽朝起居室大聲喊道。
"What did you call for, mom?" he yelled back.
"你要做什么,媽媽?"他大聲回答說。
"It's time to leave!"
"該走了! "
"Did you call for directions?" Jack said as he raced through the door.
"你打電話問方向了嗎?"杰克邊從門口跑出來邊問。
"Yes,calm down. I did. The camp director called back and told me how to get to the meeting place for the camping trip.
"打了,你放心吧,我打過了。野營指導回了電話,告訴我如何到集合 地點參加野營旅行。
But they want to call the roll at ten o'clock, so we,d better get going."
不過他們想在10點鐘點名,所以我們最好趕快上路。"
"Okay, but can I watch one more show first on TV?"
"好的,可是我能再看一個電視節目嗎?"
"No! But I am going to call in tomorrow and cancel that cable TV! It's all that you ever want to do!"
"不行!我準備明天去他們那兒叫他們把我們的有線電視取消了!你一天到晚就想著看電視!
"Aw,don't call cable TV in question just because I like it! How about we set some time limits and I only watch certain shows?"
"啊,不要因為我喜歡看電視就對有電視表示懷疑!你看我們限制一下時間,我只看某些節目怎么樣?"
"Okay,okay. But 1 am going to call up the service to see if they can reduce the rates."
"好,好,不過我要打電話問問他們能不能降低收費。"
"Fine. So where is my stuff?" Jack asked.
"太好啦!我的東西在哪里?"杰克問。
"In your room. The camping trip should be good for you.
"在你屋里。這次野營旅行應該對你有好處。
I hope it calls the outdoors to your mind so that you go outside more when you come back!"
我希望它能使你想起那些野外活動,等你回來的時候你就更喜歡出去了!"
"Mom. Let's call it a day with trying to change me, okay?" Jack replied.
"媽媽,今天對我的改造就到這里,好嗎?"杰克回答道。
Then he made a pretend compassionate face and said, "Call upon your patience and love for me to stop, pleeeeeaaasse!"
然后他扮了一 個同情的表情說廣懇求你出于我的耐力和對我的愛的考慮別再說了,求…… 求……求你啦! "
"If you don't stop that I'm going to call off this trip and keep you in your room the whole weekend,"
"如果你繼續胡鬧,我就取消這次旅行,整個周末都把你關在屋里。"
Mom replied with a smile.
媽媽笑著回答說。
"Oh no! Not my room!" Jack replied in a funny, playful voice.
"噢,別!別在我屋里!"杰克用怪怪的、調皮的聲音說。
"Okay. Let's go!"
"那好,咱們出發吧!"