State University is planning to increase student fees for the campus recreation center.
州立大學打算加收學生進入校內休閑中心的費用。
Read the article from the student newspaper about the plan.
請閱讀這篇摘自校報的關于這項計劃的文章。
You will have 45 seconds to read the article. Begin reading now.
你將有45秒的時候閱讀文章。現在開始計時。
Now listen to two students discussing the article.
兩個學生正在討論這篇文章,請聽他們的對話。
Man: Did you see this announcement in the newspaper? It sounds like a great idea.
男:你看了報紙上的這篇公告嗎?聽起來是個超棒的想法。
Woman: You really think so? Not many people even use the place.
女:你真的這么覺得嗎?可是甚至都沒多少人會去那個地方啊。
Man: I know, that's the point, people don't go there because the facilities are old and the exercise equipment breaks down.
男:我知道,這才是重點呢。大家不去那兒是因為設備都舊了,有些鍛煉器材還壞了。
I think the director is right that they'll get more use out of it this way. Right now, the place is usually empty and that's too bad.
我覺得校長說得沒錯,這樣大家就能更好地利用這個地方了。現在休閑中心一般都是空著的,太可惜了。
Students can get pretty stressed out if they don't get some exercise.
學生們如果不鍛煉身體的話很可能會壓力過大的。
Woman: That's a good point. But doesn't it seem like a lot of money?
女:說得有道理。可是看起來不是要花很多錢嗎?
Man: It's really not all that much, if you figured a lot of people spend that kind of money on a CD or when they go out to the movies, this is just one charge for the whole year.
男:如果你知道很多人會在光盤上花多少錢,或者他們去看電影花了多少錢的話,就知道這筆錢真的不算多了,交一次錢就能用一整年呢。
Woman: That's true, and instead of some little thing, we get a recreation center people might actually use.
女:確實,而且比起那些小東西而言,我們得到的可是所有人實際都能用的休閑中心啊。
Man: Right, so considering the benefits, it's really not that much to pay.
男:是的,所以考慮到這些好處,要付的這筆費用真的不算太多。
Woman: Yeah, I guess you're right.
女:嗯,我想你是對的。