The university is considering building a new athletic stadium.
學校正在考慮蓋一座新的體育館。
Read the article in the student newspaper.
請閱讀學生報紙上的這篇文章。
You will have 45 seconds to read the article. Begin reading now.
你將有45秒的時間閱讀文章。現在開始計時。
Now listen to two students discussing the article.
兩個學生正在討論這篇文章,請聽他們的對話。
So what do you think of the university's new plan?
你覺得學校的這項新計劃怎么樣?
Oh, I don't know. I don't think it's gonna work.
誰知道呢,我覺得這項計劃行不通。
No?
行不通?
I mean, I can't imagine top students being too thrilled about some of the conditions on this campus.
我可無法想象優等生們對學校的某些狀況過于激動的樣子。
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Like, the science laboratory having such old outdated equipment
你看,理科實驗室里的器材又舊又破,
and the library needing more books, and the student center being so small.
圖書館里還缺很多書,大學生活動中心也太小了。
I think that the 2 million could be spent in better places
我覺得大可以把這兩百萬花在更有意義的地方
if the university is really serious about achieving its goal.
如果學校是真的想要實現目標的話。
OK. But what about the other reason for building the stadium?
好吧,那建體育館的另一個原因怎么樣呢?
I mean right now we have so little contact with the town.
畢竟我們現在和城里的接觸太少了。
Yeah, but this won't help relations.
沒錯,但是這項計劃對改善關系一點幫助也沒有。
Look, people from town hardly ever come to games because our teams always lose.
城里的人基本上不會來看比賽的,因為我們的隊總是輸。
And they're not suddenly going to improve over night.
而這些隊的實力也不會一夜之間就得到提升。
Besides, adding seats won't make a difference.
另外,多加些座位也不會有什么區別的。
I mean, if people from town didn't come before,
我的意思是,如果城里的人之前就沒來過這里,
they won't come now just because the place is bigger.
他們現在也不會僅僅因為場館變大了就過來的。