Listen to a conversation between two students.
請聽下面兩個學生間的對話。
Hey, Madison, what's wrong?
Madison,出什么事了?
Oh, I'm just struggling about what to do.
我只是在糾結應該怎么辦。
I won an award from the Pacific Journalism Institute for an article I submitted, and…
我因為投遞的一篇文章而獲到了太平洋新聞研究所的一個獎項,可是...
Doesn't sound like anything's wrong.
這聽起來一點問題也沒有啊。
Well, it's a huge honor to win and there's an award ceremony they've invited me to attend which I am super excited about.
能獲得這個獎項當然是種無上光榮,而且他們還邀請我去參加頒獎典禮,我對此也感到超級興奮。
But, and here's what's frustrating, I've got a philosophy exam that scheduled to end right when the ceremony begins.
但是,令人沮喪的事情就是,頒獎典禮開始的時候正好就是我的一個哲學考試要結束的時候。
Uh oh! You're saying you'll just be finishing up taking the exam right when the ceremony starts?
哎呀,你是說典禮開始的時候你正好即將結束考試是嗎?
Exactly!
正是!
But those ceremonies never start on time, they give long introductions,
可是這些頒獎典禮從沒準時開始過啊,
you know, after a general speech or something before they ever get to handing out awards.
通常他們在大演講什么的結束后,都會講一段很長的介紹詞才會慢慢開始頒獎。
I'm sure they won't be ready to hand out your award right at the beginning.
我相信他們不會準備在典禮剛開始的時候就立馬給你頒獎的。
Just go when you're done with the test. You won't miss anything important.
你在考完試之后去就可以了。不會錯過什么重要事情的。
Maybe, but that's a bit risky. I don't want to miss being there when they announce my name.
也許吧,但還是有點冒險。我可不希望當他們宣讀我名字的時候,我還沒到場。
Well, have you talked to your professor about this?
那...你跟你的教授說過這件事嗎?
Dr. Forester? No.
Forester博士嗎?還沒呢。
Maybe she'll let you take the test some other time.
也許她會同意讓你下次再考啊。
True. She lets people reschedule exams sometimes.
確實。她有時候會允許我們重新安排考試時間。
But she always make them take it a couple of days early,
但她一般會讓我們提前幾天考,
that'll mean less studying time for me which I'm not thrilled about.
這樣的話復習時間就少了,我對此可一點兒都不興奮。
Less time to study, Oh!
啊,復習時間會減少啊。
Like I said, I'm still struggling about what to do.
就像我說過的,我對該怎么辦還是感覺很糾結啊。