Now listen to a conversation between two students.
請聽下面兩個學生之間的對話。
Hey, Mark, how's it going?
Mark,最近怎么樣?
Hmm, not too good!
不太好!
What's wrong?
怎么了?
Well, you know how I'm president of the anthropology club,
你知道的,我是人類學社團的會長,
well, I'm supposed to drive everyone in the club to see a special exhibit at the museum tomorrow.
明天我本該開車帶社團里的所有人去博物館看一個特殊的展覽的。
My mom said I could borrow her van, you know, so everyone would fit,
我媽媽說她可以給我借她的面包車,這樣就能坐下所有人了,
but unfortunately, it broke down, and it's not gonna be repaired in time for the trip.
可是不幸的是,這輛面包車壞了,趕不及在出發之前修好。
Oh! So what're you going to do? Can you rent a van?
啊!那你打算怎么辦?能不能租輛面包車呢?
Yeah, that's a possibility. A little risky for me, though.
嗯,可以啊。只不過對我來說有點冒險。
I've tried to get in touch with the club members
我給社團所有的人都打過電話了,
but only four have gotten back to me and said they could contribute some money for the cause.
但是只有四個人給我回了電話說可以出點錢租車。
What about the other members?
那其他成員呢?
I don't know! It'd probably be OK with them, too. But that's the risk.
我不知道啊!他們可能會同意吧,但還是有點冒險。
I don't know for sure. I don't want to get stuck with having to pay for most of the bill.
我不確定。我可不想最后要自己一個人付大部分的錢。
Well, since not everyone has gotten back to you,
那...既然不是所有人都回復了你,
what don't you just postpone the trip, you know, until your mom's van's been repaired?
你為什么不干脆推遲行程呢,等你媽媽的面包車修好再說?
Yeah, I could do that,
嗯,也可以這么做。
though I'm sure everyone would be disappointed when they show up tomorrow ready to go and found out that we're not going.
不過我相信明天大家集合準備出發卻發現我們去不成了的時候肯定很失望。