Is there a problem with the electricity?
電是不是出問題了?
Yeah, this storm knocked out power all over the city.
是的,這場暴風雨使得全市都停電了。
And they're saying it might be several hours before we have electricity again.
而且他們說要好幾個小時以后才會來電。
Oh, no! I have a history paper due tomorrow
不是吧!明天我就要交歷史論文了,
and I've been writing it on my lap top computer and the battery's running low.
我一直在筆記本電腦上寫論文呢,可是我的電腦已經沒多少電了。
I am going to need electricity soon.
很快就需要充電了。
Well, you know, Jefferson City still has electricity.
杰弗森市還有電。
And there's a library there where you can plug in your lap top.
而且那里有個圖書館可以給筆記本充電。
You could go over there to work on your paper.
你可以去那里寫論文啊。
It's only about a twenty-minute drive.
圖書館離這兒開車只要二十分鐘。
That's a good idea. Of course I'd have to pack up all my stuff and it is raining outside.
好主意。可是毫無疑問我還得帶上所有的東西,而且外面正下著雨呢。
Yeah, that's true.
對,沒錯。
Well, why don't you just ask the professor for an extension?
嗯...你也可以直接問問教授能不能給你延期啊。
You know, tomorrow when you go to class just ask him if he would give you an extra day to get the paper done.
就是,明天你去上學的時候,可以問問他能不能多給你一天時間完成論文。
I'm pretty sure he'd agree. You know, with the storm and all.
我相信他一定會同意的。畢竟今天又是暴風雨又是停電的。
Yeah, that should be a lot easier.
嗯,這個辦法聽起來簡單多了。
But then he did tell us when he gave us the assignment that he wouldn't grant any extension.
不過他當初給我們布置作業的時候就說過不會同意任何延期申請的。
You don't think he'd grant an exception in this case?
你覺得他在這種情況下也不會例外嗎?
I'm not sure.
我不確定。
It's a little risky. He might just say that we shouldn't have waited until the last minute.
有點冒險。也許他會說是我們不應該拖到最后一分鐘才開始寫論文啊。
Yeah, but, maybe if other students have the same problem you might be able to convince him.
是這樣沒錯,但是也許班上還有其他同學情況和你一樣啊,你們也許可以一起說服他。
Yeah, I mean, it's not our fault that the electricity went out. Hmmm…
嗯,畢竟停電又不是我們的錯,是吧...