The speakers discuss two possible solutions to the woman's problem.
對這位女士遇到的問題,講話人提出了兩種解決方案。
Briefly summarize the problem, then state which solution your recommend and explain why.
請簡要概括這個問題,然后說明你會推薦哪種解決方案并解釋原因。
Now listen to a conversation between two students.
現在請聽下面兩個學生的對話。
Hey, Jennifer. How are things going?
嗨,Jennifer。你最近怎么樣?
Well, I'm relieved this is the end of semester. But that's actually part of my problem.
想到一個學期快結束了我就松了口氣。但是這對我來說也是個麻煩。
What do you mean?
為什么?
Can you believe this? My computer broke yesterday.
你相信嗎?昨天我的電腦居然壞了。
So it's at the shop being repaired.
所以我把它拿到店里修去了。
It won't be ready until the end of next week which is when all my papers are due.
下個周末才能修好,可是那會兒我所有的論文都要交了。
Why not use the computer lab? They've got lots of machines there.
為什么不去微機室呢?那里有很多電腦啊。
I know. But it gets so noisy there that I can't keep my mind on my work.
我知道。可是那里太吵了,我根本集中不了注意力。
I mean, when I'm at a computer, I'm not just typing. I'm thinking! So I need quiet to concentrate.
我的意思是,我在電腦前不只是打字,還在思考!所以我需要一個安靜的環境才能集中精神。
Maybe you can try going in the morning or evening. It might be less noisy then.
也許你可以試試早上或者傍晚去。那個時間應該沒那么吵。
Maybe. But this time of year, everybody's working on papers. It could be crowded even then.
也許吧。可是每年這個時候,所有人都在寫論文,即使那會兒人可能也會很多的。
Hmm. What about calling back the computer repair shop to see if they can have your computer ready at the beginning of next week instead?
嗯......要不你給電腦維修店打個電話,問問他們能不能在下個星期開始的時候把電腦修好?
That would still give you enough time to finish your papers by the end of the week.
這樣你在下周末之前還能有足夠的時間完成論文。
Oh! I haven't thought of that! The only problem is the shop is closed today and tomorrow for the long holiday weekend.
啊!我還沒想到過這點呢!不過問題是今天店里關門了,而明天又是漫長的周末假期。
So it'll be a few days before I can talk to them.
所以我得好幾天之后才能跟他們聯系。