Unit 9 Asking the Way
第9單元 問路
Dialogue 1
對話 1
Could you tell me the way to the Friendship Store?
你能告訴我去友誼商店怎么走嗎?
Turn left at the next lights and ride two blocks, and then …
在下一個紅綠燈處向左拐,再騎行兩個街區,然后
Oh, it's very difficult to remember. Is it far from here?
哦,好難記。它離這里遠嗎?
No. It takes only ten minutes by bike.
不遠。騎自行車只要十分鐘。
Thank you.
謝謝你。
You are welcome.
不用謝。
Dialogue 2
對話 2
I am looking for the railway station.
我正在找火車站。
Show me your map.
把你的地圖給我看看。
Where are we now?
我們現在在哪里?
We are here, not far from the bridge. The railway station is over there.
我們在這兒,離這座橋不遠。火車站就在那兒。
I see. But how can I get there?
我明白了。但我怎么去那兒呢?
Go past two blocks, and then take the underground. It takes you right there.
走過兩個街區,然后乘地鐵,你就可以到達那兒了。
Dialogue 3
對話 3
Shall I take the underground or a taxi to the Shopping Centre?
去購物中心我是乘地鐵還是出租車呢?
You can take a bus.
你可以坐公共汽車去。
Isn't the bus stop over there?
那不是公共汽車站嗎?
Yes. There comes a bus.
就是的,車來了。
Oh, no, I'll miss it.
哦,不,我趕不上啦。
No need to hurry. There will be another one in five minutes.
不用急。再過五分鐘又有車來。
Dialogue 4
對話 4
Excuse me, where is the People's Park?
請問,人民公園在哪?
It's on the East River Road, near the Great Wall Hotel.
它在東河路,長城飯店附近。
How long will it take to walk there?
走路去那里要多長時間?
About a quarter of an hour.
大約一刻鐘。
Am I going in the right way?
我這樣走對嗎?
Yes, just go straight ahead. You can't miss it.
對的,筆直向前走,你不會錯過它的。
Passage
課文
Mary is an American student.
瑪麗是一個美國學生。
One day she asked her Chinese teacher how to get around the city.
一天,她問她的中文老師如何逛這座城市。
"The best way to get around the city is by taxi." the teacher said,
老師說:"逛這座城市的最佳方式是乘出租車。
"A taxi driver knows the city like the back of his hand.
出租車司機對這個城市了如指掌。
He can quickly take you to any place.
他可以很快地帶你去任何地方。
The taxi is expensive, but it is timesaving."
乘出租車雖然貴些,但省時間。