Did you know, deep down, I hate tea?
實際上 我不喜歡喝茶
My mother was a fan of instant coffee.
你外婆非常喜歡速溶咖啡
She was a vulgar woman who murdered her lover
她是個下賤的人 我15歲那年
when I was 15 and forced me to take the blame.
她殺了自己的丈夫 還讓我來承擔過錯
When I released back to her custody...
后來她又獲得我的監護權
she stood by as another one of her boyfriends...
她其中一個男朋友調戲我
molested me.
她卻袖手旁觀
After she threw me out,
被趕出家門后
I made myself drink Fortnum's Earl Grey
我開始喝福特納姆的伯爵茶
as a way to forget about my past and seem more upper-crust.
為了忘記過去 躋身上流社會
What did Jimmy Brennan do to you?
吉米.布倫南跟你有什么關系
Well, as I told you, he lived down the hall.
之前告訴過你 他和我住在同一樓
I was a child pretending to be an adult,
以前我總想裝成熟
desperate to re-create myself.
為了改頭換面不顧一切
Jimmy was like a big brother, a few years older than I,
吉米比我年長些 就像大哥哥
and he always watched over me.
他很照顧我
So, when a fuse blew one day in my apartment,
有一天公寓停電了
I didn't think twice about following him down to the basement.
我想都沒想就跟著他進了地下室
To help him fix it.
幫他修電路
He kisses me...
他親了我...
and I say, "No, we're just friends,"
我告訴他我們只是朋友
and I try to pull away.
并試圖擺脫他
And he has this look on his face like a monster.
他的表情就像野獸一般
He punches me,
還打了我
and I raise my arms to cover my face
為了遮掩羞愧和困惑
to mask my shame and my confusion.
我用手臂擋住了我的臉
Because I had worked so hard.
我如此地拼命
I did everything to change myself, and I...
用盡一切辦法來擺脫過去...
I knew he could still see the victim.
我知道他還是能感到我的恐慌
And he pushes my face into the cold concrete,
于是他把我的臉按在地上
and he whispers, "Relax, honey."
小聲對我說"別緊張 親愛的"
Over and over and over.
一遍又一遍
A-all I could do...
而我能做的...
Was focus on the pilot light underneath the water heater...
只有盯著熱水器下面的指示燈
and wait for him to be done.
等他結束這一切
The day you were delivered, they put you in my arms
你出生的那天 他們把你放在我懷里
and you heard my voice and you looked straight in my eyes.
你聽到我的聲音 直視著我的眼睛