Shannon: It looks like you’re ready for your trip. You must be psyched.
香農:看起來你已經為旅行做好了準備。你一定激動壞了。
Ignacio: Yeah, I am. I’m almost ready. I’ve gone to the post office and filled out a form so they’ll hold my mail while I’m gone.
伊格納西奧:是的。我差不多準備好了。我去郵局填了一張表格,這樣我不在的時候他們就可以幫我保管郵件了。
Shannon: I could pick up your mail for you.
香農:我可以幫你取郵件。
伊格納西奧:多謝,不過這樣方便些。我也給報社打電話了,要求暫停投遞我的報紙。明天我會安排銀行自動支付賬單,這樣家里的水電不會被切斷或產生任何滯納金。
Shannon: I could pay your bills for you. I don’t mind.
香農:我可以幫你支付賬單。沒關系的。
Ignacio: It’s nice of you to offer, but I’ve got it covered. This morning, I took my plants over to my neighbor’s house. He agreed to water them for me while I’m gone.
伊格納西奧:謝謝你的好意,但我已經都安排好了。今天早上,我把家里的盆栽交給了鄰居。他答應我不在的時候給他們澆水。
Shannon: I could have come over and watered your plants. That wouldn’t have been a problem at all.
香農:我可以過來幫你澆灌盆栽的。那根本不是問題。
Ignacio: Thanks for being willing to do that. As always, you’re so helpful.
伊格納西奧:謝謝你愿意這么做。你總是那么樂于助人。
Shannon: Oh, I try my best...
香農:略盡綿薄之力而已...
Ignacio: I was wondering if I could ask just one favor from you.
伊格納西奧:我在想能不能請你幫我一個忙。
Shannon: Of course you can. Just name it!
香農:當然可以了!盡管提!
Ignacio: You know my dog, Rex...
伊格納西奧:你知道,我的狗雷克斯...
Shannon: Oh, no...
香農:不是吧...
Ignacio: I could board him at a kennel, but he’s had bad luck at kennels. Could you look after him while I’m gone?
伊格納西奧:我可以把它寄養在寵物旅館,但是它在那里總是很倒霉。我離開后你能照顧他嗎?
Shannon: No way!
香農:不行!
Ignacio: Why?
伊格納西奧:為什么?
Shannon: Why don’t you ask the people who worked at those kennels where Rex has been? I’m willing to pitch in, but I’m no sucker!
香農:你為什么不拜托雷克斯呆過的寵物旅館的員工幫忙照顧呢?我是愿意幫忙,但我又不傻!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載