I-I'm Morgan Holt--
我是摩根·霍爾特
the agent for the property next door.
隔壁那家的房產經紀人
Of course, Miss Holt.
你好 霍爾特女士
I'm Emily, Daniel Grayson's fiancee.
我是艾米莉 丹尼爾·格雷森的未婚妻
Congratulations on what's sure to be
恭喜你 這一定是
the biggest sale of the year.
今年最大的一筆生意
Try decade.
是十年來最大的一筆
Emily, you've got such a ruckus going on over here.
艾米莉 你這里噪聲挺大的
I trust this project will be ending soon?
這工程應該很快就結束了吧
Well, hopefully tomorrow,
明天應該就能結束
But then I'll have to do it all over again
但是幾年之后還要
in a couple of years.
再弄一遍
That's how long my contractor says
我的承包商是這么說的
I can stave off mother nature.
誰也改變不了大自然
What on earth do you mean?
你在說什么啊
My foundation's shifting again.
房子的地基又移位了
Again?
又
Can't you shore it up?
不能加固嗎
The problem is the ground under the foundation.
問題出在地基下面的土地上
Environmental engineers call it
環境工程師稱這是
"Dramatic beach erosion."
"巨大的海灘侵蝕"
It's a big problem on this side of the island.
這是島的這邊的一個大問題
Well, there must be something you can do.
肯定有辦法能解決的
Sadly, no.
不幸的是 沒有
And if global warming continues
而且如果全球繼續變暖
to spawn more superstorms,
生成更多的超級風暴的話
the beach is gonna disappear in half that time.
那這個海灘很快就會消失了
Still, how can you resist a view like that?
但是 誰又能抵擋住這風景的誘惑呢
For now, I'm just gonna fight the useless fight
現在 我就盡量跟大自然抗衡吧
until I run out of money...
直到我的錢沒了
or sand.
或者海灘上沙子沒了
Excuse me.
失陪了