I thought... I recognized the telltale signs of a woman masking disappointment.
我想 我看到有個女人正失望著
Does this have anything to do with your father's absence?
這跟你父親缺席有什么聯系嗎
Am I that obvious?
這么明顯么
I have known Pascal since before you were born.
在你出生之前我就認識帕斯卡了
And like most men of means, he is charming...
像所有有權勢的人一樣 他很有魅力
- and often cruel. - He did not have an accident.
- 但也無情 -他不是有事
He refused to come.
他拒絕出席
He sent me this with all his critiques.
他寄給我他所有的文章評論
He hated it.
他討厭這些
I've done all this work and then he insults me like this?
我為他做了這么多 他還這樣侮辱我
Pascal has always viewed women as pretty fools.
帕斯卡總把女人當花瓶看
Chasing his approval would be a fruitless endeavor.
想要獲得他的贊同比登天還難
But if it's any consolation,
但欣慰的是
your father couldn't be more wrong.
你父親這次大錯特錯
What you have created here is magnifique.
你今天的成就非常大
And as for your father,
至于你父親
the only advice I can offer is this--
我唯一的建議是
you can spend your life being controlled by powerful men,
你可以讓掌權人士控制你的一生
or you can learn how to control them.
或者你可以學會控制他們