Lois: Please don’t embarrass me at the party tonight.
路易斯:在今晚的派對上請別讓我尷尬。
Roger: Me, embarrass you? I’d never do that.
羅格:我?讓你尷尬?我永遠不會那樣做的。
Lois: You have, though, more than once.
路易斯:不過你已經做過不止一次了。
Roger: Name one.
羅格:那你說說。
路易斯:在約翰遜的派對上,你在桌子上邊跳舞邊唱“我是個女人”。
Roger: I was being the life of the party. Everybody thought it was funny.
羅格:我是派對中活躍的人物。每個人都認為很有趣。
Lois: It was humiliating! Didn’t you notice more than one person cringing and the awkward silence in the room when your song ended?
路易斯:很丟臉!你難道沒有注意到不止一個人感到厭惡,當你唱歌結束的時候那種沉默很尷尬。
Roger: No, I didn’t, but I did notice Malik laughing his head off and the Johnsons smiling.
羅格:沒有,但是我注意到馬利克笑得前仰后合,而且約翰遜也在笑。
Lois: That’s because Malik has your sense of humor and the Johnsons were humoring you. They were trying to put a good face on your impromptu performance.
路易斯:那是因為馬利克有你那樣的幽默感,但是約翰遜在迎合你而已。他們盡量對你的即興演出展現一個好臉色。
Roger: I’m not going to be a wallflower just because you can’t take a joke. My exuberant personality is what gets us invited to so many parties.
羅格:我不想當個壁花(舞會中沒有舞伴而坐著看的人),因為你開不起玩笑。也多虧我這活躍的性格,我們才能接到那么多次的派對邀請。
Lois: Yeah, right. Can I at least get you to promise not to sing?
路易斯:是的,對。那能不能答應我至少別唱歌?
Roger: And disappoint my audience? Not a chance!
羅格:那樣不是讓觀眾失望嗎?不可能的!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載