1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、improvement
改進(之處);改善(之處)
the dramatic improvements in organ transplantation in recent years.
近幾年器官移植方面取得的巨大進步
There is considerable room for improvement in state facilities for treating the mentally handicapped.
國家現有的用于智障病人治療的設施還有相當大的改進余地。
更優秀之物;改善的事物
The new Prime Minister is an improvement on his predecessor.
新上任的總理比他的前任要強。
The system we introduced in 1980 has been a great improvement.
我們 1980 年引進的系統有了很大改進。