Hardly anyone connected Lord Voldemort with the clever, handsome boy who was once Head Boy here.'
幾乎沒有一個人把伏地魔同曾在這里念書的那個聰明、英俊的男生學生會主席聯系起來。”
'But Ginny,' said Mrs Weasley, 'what's our Ginny got to do with — with — him?'
“可是金妮呢?”韋斯萊夫人說,“我們的金妮和——和他有什么關系?”
'His d-diary!' Ginny sobbed.
“他的日——日記本!”金妮抽泣著說,
'I've b-been writing in it, and he's been w-writing back all year'
“我一直在——在上面寫字,整整一年,他——他不斷地給我寫回話——”
'Ginny!' said Mr Weasley, flabbergasted.
“金妮!”韋斯萊先生驚得目瞪口呆,說道,
'Haven't I taught you anything?
“我難道沒有教過你嗎?
What have I always told you?
我一直怎么跟你說的?
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.
永遠不要相信任何能夠獨立思考的東西,除非你看清了它把頭腦藏在什么地方。
Why didn't you show the diary to me, or your mother?
你當初為什么不把日記拿給我或你媽媽看看?
A suspicious object like that, it was clearly full of Dark Magic!'
像那樣一個可疑的東西,顯然充滿了黑魔法的妖術!”

'I d-didn't know,' sobbed Ginny.
“我——我不知道,”金妮仍在傷心地哭泣,
'I found it inside one of the books Mum got me.
“我在媽媽給我的一本書里發現它的。
I th-thought someone had just left it in there and forgotten about it...'
我——我以為有人把它夾在那里,忘記了——”
'Miss Weasley should go up to the hospital wing straight away,' Dumbledore interrupted in a firm voice.
“韋斯萊小姐應該立刻到校醫院去,”鄧布利多不由分說地插嘴道,
'This has been a terrible ordeal for her.
“這對她來說是一場痛苦的折磨。
There will be no punishment.
學校不會對她有什么懲罰的。
Older and wiser wizards than she have been hoodwinked by Lord Voldemort.'
許多比她年長、比她足智多謀的巫師都被伏地魔蒙蔽了。”
He strode over to the door and opened it.
他大步走到門邊,把門打開。
'Bed rest and perhaps a large, steaming mug of hot chocolate.
“臥床休息,或許,還應該再喝上一大杯熱氣騰騰的巧克力奶,
I always find that cheers me up,' he added, twinkling kindly down at her.
我一向覺得那對改善我的心情很有好處。”他說,一邊低頭慈祥地沖金妮眨眨眼睛。