A patch of scarlet swam past and Harry heard a soft clatter of claws beside him.
一道鮮紅色的光輕盈地從眼前掠過,哈利聽見身邊傳來爪子的輕輕抓撓聲。
'Fawkes,' said Harry thickly. 'You were brilliant, Fawkes... '
“福克斯,”哈利含混不清地說,“你太棒了,福克斯……”
He felt the bird lay its beautiful head on the spot where the serpent's fang had pierced him.
他感到大鳥把它美麗的腦袋貼在他被蛇怪毒牙刺中的地方。
He could hear echoing footsteps and then a dark shadow moved in front of him.
他聽見了伴隨著回音的腳步聲,接著,一個黑壓壓的影子站到了他的面前。
'You're dead, Harry Potter,' said Riddle's voice above him. 'Dead. Even Dumbledore's bird knows it.
“你死了,哈利·波特,”里德爾的聲音在他上面說,“死了。就連鄧布利多的鳥也知道這一點。
Do you see what he's doing, Potter? He's crying.'
你看見它在做什么嗎,波特?它在哭呢。”
Harry blinked. Fawkes's head slid in and out of focus.
哈利眨了眨眼睛。福克斯的腦袋忽而清晰忽而模糊,
Thick, pearly tears were trickling down the glossy feathers.
大滴大滴珍珠般的淚珠順著它富有光澤的羽毛滾落下來。

'I'm going to sit here and watch you die, Harry Potter.
“我要坐在這里,親眼看著你死,哈利·波特。
Take your time. I'm in no hurry.'
不要著急,我有的是時間。”
Harry felt drowsy.
哈利感到昏昏欲睡。
Everything around him seemed to be spinning.
周圍的一切似乎都在旋轉。
'So ends the famous Harry Potter,' said Riddle's distant voice.
“大名鼎鼎的哈利·波特就這樣完蛋了,”里德爾的聲音從很遠的地方傳來,
'Alone in the Chamber of Secrets, forsaken by his friends, defeated at last by the Dark Lord he so unwisely challenged.
“孤零零地在密室里,被朋友們拋棄。他不自量力地向黑魔頭挑戰,終于敗在了黑魔頭的手下。
You'll be back with your dear Mudblood mother soon, Harry...
哈利,你很快就要跟你親愛的麻瓜母親會面了……
She bought you twelve years of borrowed time... but Lord Voldemort got you in the end, as you knew he must.'
她以自己的生命為代價,讓你又茍活了十二年……可是伏地魔終于把你干掉了,其實,你早就知道他一定會做到這一點的。”