It looked bad, all right.
確實,情況很不妙。
But the longer Riddle stood there, the more life was dwindling out of Ginny...
但是,里德爾站在那里的時間越長,金妮身上的生命就越來越少……
and in the meantime, Harry noticed suddenly, Riddle's outline was becoming clearer, more solid.
與此同時,哈利突然發現,里德爾原本模糊不清的輪廓正在漸漸變得清晰、穩定。
If it had to be a fight between him and Riddle, better sooner than later.
如果他和里德爾之間必須有一番搏斗,那是越快越好。
'No one knows why you lost your powers when you attacked me,' said Harry abruptly.
“你對我下手的時候為什么突然喪失了力量,誰也不知道,”哈利生硬地說道,
'I don't know myself. But I know why you couldn't kill me.
“我自己也不清楚。但是我知道你為什么沒能殺死我。
Because my mother died to save me.
因為我母親是為了救我而死的。
My common Muggle-born mother,' he added, shaking with suppressed rage.
正是那普普通通的麻瓜出身的母親,”他接著說道,因為拼命壓抑著怒火而渾身發抖,
'She stopped you killing me.
“她阻止你殺死我。
And I've seen the real you, I saw you last year.
我看見過真實的你,去年我又看見了你。
You're a wreck. You're barely alive.
你只剩下了一堆破爛,只能算是半死不活。
That's where all your power got you.
看你原來神通廣大,結果卻落到這個下場。

You're in hiding. You're ugly, you're foul!'
你東躲西藏,你是丑八怪,令人作嘔!”
Riddle's face contorted. Then he forced it into an awful smile.
里德爾的臉扭曲了,然后他又強擠出一個猙獰的笑容。
'So. Your mother died to save you.
“原來是這樣——你母親為了救你而死。
Yes, that's a powerful counter-charm.
是的,那是一個非常有效的解咒術。
I can see now – there is nothing special about you, after all.
我現在明白了——說到底,你身上并沒有什么特殊的東西。
I wondered, you see. Because there are strange likenesses between us, Harry Potter.
你知道嗎,我本來一直想不通這個道理。因為我們倆之間存在著一些奇特的相似之處,哈利·波特。
Even you must have noticed.
你自己肯定也注意到了。
Both half-bloods, orphans, raised by Muggles.
我們都是混血統,都是孤兒,都是由麻瓜撫養長大的。
Probably the only two Parselmouths to come to Hogwarts since the great Slytherin himself.
也許還是自偉大的斯萊特林本人之后,進入霍格沃茨的僅有的兩個蛇佬腔。
We even look something alike...
我們甚至長得也有幾分相像呢……
But after all, it was merely a lucky chance that saved you from me.
不過說到底,原來你只是憑運氣從我手里逃脫的。
That's all I wanted to know.'
我想了解的就是這些。”