Any house resident can perform, and remember that big jazz festival at University Park last month?
所有宿舍成員都能表演,還記得上個月在學校公園舉辦的那個盛大的爵士節嗎?
Of course. It was amazing, the music was great, um, I didn’t connect it to the music house.
當然了,特別精彩,音樂很棒,我倒沒把它和音樂宿舍聯系到一起。
Not many people do. Anyway, they put on a whole range of other activities as well.
很多人都想不到。不管怎樣,他們還會舉辦各種各樣的其他活動。
Someone at the house could give you more information about those.
住在宿舍的人可以告訴你更多關于那些活動的信息。
So, how do I...um, what’s the process for getting a room there?
那......我怎么......想要那里的一間房要走什么程序?
You need to fill out an application form and send it to the house director.
你需要填一個申請表,然后把它發給宿舍主管。
The form’s on the housing department’s website. But, don’t get your hopes up too high.
表格在宿舍部門的網站上,不過,別抱太大期望。
They can only accept about 30% of students who apply.
他們只能接受申請的學生中的30%左右。
Oh, wow, I had no idea.
哦,哇,我都不知道。
So, for your application, it needs to include a personal statement, you know, why you’re interested in living in the house, how you might contribute to the group.
所以,在你的申請表上,你需要寫一個個人陳述,就是說你為什么對住在那棟樓感興趣,你會如何為這個團體做貢獻。
There are guidelines on the form, that statement’s really important, because it’s basically how they decide who to accept into the house.
表格上有參考,這個陳述非常重要,因為他們基本上就是看這個陳述來決定讓誰住進宿舍。