Oleg: Geez, look at that dinosaur.
奧列格:快看那件老掉牙的物件。
Raquel: This is not a dinosaur. It’s a classic. It will never go out of style and it’s built to last.
拉克爾:那不是老掉牙。它是一件經典作品,它永遠也不會過時并且十分耐用。
Oleg: It’s an antique and belongs in a museum. You’ve got to get with it and get one of these.
奧列格:這是一件古董,原本是收藏在博物館里。你要緊跟時代的潮流并且買一輛。
Raquel: What’s that?
拉克爾:那是什么?
奧列格:這是最新的模型,采用最先進的技術設計。這是一個全新的品牌。
Raquel: That’s all right. This machine is tried-and- true and it never lets me down.
拉克爾:沒錯。這輛車十分靠得住,從不會讓我失望。
Oleg: Why don’t you take this for a test drive? It’ll be an eye-opening experience for you.
奧列格:你為何不試駕一下呢?它會讓你大開眼界的。
Raquel: No, thanks.
拉克爾:不用了,謝謝。
Oleg: You don’t know what you’re missing.
奧列格:你不知道你錯過了什么。
Raquel: That’s true, but I’m happy with my machine.
拉克爾:的確,不過我對這輛車十分滿意。
Oleg: Fine. I’m just trying to help you move with the times.
奧列格:好吧。我只是想讓你與時俱進。
Raquel: Thanks, but no thanks. I’ll stick with what I know and love.
拉克爾:多謝,我心領了。我還是堅持我所熟知和喜歡的吧。
Oleg: It just goes to show there’s no accounting for taste.
奧列格:這就是蘿卜青菜各有所愛吧。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載