Andy: I got it! I got a confession.
安迪:我成功了!我得到他的供詞了。
Diane: You got a confession out of that suspect? How did you do it? We’ve been after that guy for days.
黛安:你從嫌疑犯那里得到口供了?你是怎么做到的呢?我們已經盯著那個家伙好幾天了。
Andy: I put the pressure on and he buckled.
安迪:我給了他一點壓力,然后他就妥協了。
Diane: Did you make threats?
黛安:你威脅他了?
Andy: Of course I made threats. It’s an interrogation, not a tea party.
安迪:當然了。這是審訊,又不是茶話會。
Diane: The confession is no good if it’s coerced.
黛安:如果是被強迫的話,那這樣的供詞是沒有效力的。
Andy: I may have gone over the line a little, but who’s to know?
安迪:或許我是有點做過頭了,但是誰知道呢?
Diane: He knows and any half-decent lawyer will make mincemeat out of that confession. He’ll get it thrown out of court in a heartbeat.
黛安:嫌疑犯知道,就算半吊子的律師能將供詞推翻。他會立刻讓法院駁回這份供詞。
Andy: I leaned on him a little hard, but it’s not like I put the screws on him.
安迪:我只是稍微威脅了他一下,并不是逼他就范。
Diane: You have a lot to learn.
黛安:你還有很多需要學習。
Andy: Do you think I should go back in there and talk to him?
安迪:你說我要不再回去跟他談談?
Diane: Stay out of there. You’ve done enough damage. Rookies!
黛安:你快歇會兒吧。你已經搞了太多破壞了。菜鳥!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載