Ann: I don’t like our son watching those films and reading those books. They’re corrupting his mind.
安:我不想讓咱們的兒子看這些電影還有這些書。這會腐蝕他的思想。
Elio: I don’t like it either, but he’s old enough to read and watch what he likes without our interference.
埃利奧:我也不喜歡,但是兒子已經長大了,我們不該再干涉他喜歡看的書和電影。
Ann: But they’re brainwashing him! Those books and films are full of evil, perverted ideas.
安:但是這些東西會給他洗腦!這些書和影片都充滿了邪惡,變態的想法。
Elio: They’re certainly blasphemous and profane. I agree with you. But what can we do? Maybe his interest in them will be short-lived.
埃利奧:的確這些東西都是褻瀆神明的。我跟你的想法一致。但是我們能做什么呢?也許他只是一時沉迷這些東西。
Ann: Even if he loses interest, we’ll have to find a way to reverse the damage that’s been done. He’ll need to be deprogramed.
安:即便他對這些失去興趣,那我們也得設法糾正他因此受到的影響。他需要摒棄這些觀念。
Elio: Maybe their effect will be short- lived, too. Deep down he’s a good kid. We both know that.
埃利奧:也許這些負面的影響也只是暫時的。說到底,他還是個很善良的孩子。你我都知道這一點。
Ann: Yes, but those ideas are dangerous. I hope he doesn’t act on them.
安:是的,但是這些觀念實在是太可怕了。希望他別按照這些想法行事。
Elio: Don’t even think it. That would spell disaster.
埃利奧:千萬不要這樣想。這會招致災難。
Ann: All right, I’ll only think good thoughts.
安:好吧,我會往好的方面想。
Elio: Good.
埃利奧:很好。
Ann: Where are you going?
安:你要去哪里?
Elio: I’m hoping for the best, but just in case, it doesn’t hurt to monitor what he’s saying on social media.
埃利奧:雖說往最好的方面想,但為了以防萬一,查看一下他個人網站上的動態也沒有什么妨礙吧。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載