So what's the next thing on the agenda, Mary?
瑪麗,日程表上要做的下一件事是什么?
Well, it's the South Theater Company.
是南方戲劇公司。
They want to know if we'd be interested in sponsoring a tour they want to make to East Asia.
他們想知道我們是否有興趣贊助他們的一個東亞演出項目。
East Asia? Uhh… and how much are they hoping to get from us?
東亞?呃……他們想從我們這里得到多少贊助?
Well, the letter mentions 20,000 pounds, but I don't know if they might settle for us.
信里提到2萬英鎊,但我不知道他們是否會在我們這兒定下。
Do they say what they would cover?
他們有沒有說費用涵蓋哪些方面?
Have they anything specific in mind?
有沒有具體說明?
No, I think they are just asking all the firms in tongue for as much money as they think they'll give.
沒有,我覺得他們只是先探一探所有公司的口風,根據自己的判斷提出了贊助的金額。
And we are worth 20,000 pounds, right?
也就說我們值2萬英鎊,對吧?
It seems so.
好像是。
Very flattering.
很抬舉我們啊。
But I'm not awfully happy with the idea.
但我對這個主意并不感冒。
What we get out of it?
我們能從中得到什么呢?
Oh, good publicity I suppose.
哦,良好的宣傳吧。
So what I suggest is not that we just give them a sum of money,
所以我不建議直接給他們一筆錢,
but that we offer to pay for something specific like travel or something,
而是支付某些具體項目的費用,比如旅費,
and that in return, we ask for our name to be printed prominently in the program,
作為回報,我們要求他們將我們的公司名稱印刷在節目單的醒目位置,
and that they give us free advertising space in it.
這樣他們就給我們打了免費的廣告。
But the travel bill would be enormous, and we could never manage that.
但旅費十分龐大,我們不可能承擔。
I know.
我知道。
But why don't we offer to pay for the printing of the programs ourselves,
但我們為什么不提出來印刷節目單呢?費用我們承擔,
on condition that on the front cover there's something like
但前提是他們必須在節目單的首頁寫上類似
"This program is presented with the compliments of Norland Electronics", and free advertising of course?
“本節目由北國電子榮譽贊助”這樣的話,當然,這也是免費廣告。
Good idea.
好主意。
Well, let's get back to them and ask what the program they want will cost.
我們回信問問他們節目單的制作成本吧。
Then we can see if we are interested or not.
然后我們就能知道我們是否感興趣了。