Yeah, well, I suppose you do have cause to celebrate,
好吧 我覺得你應該慶祝一下
'cause I'm lifting the contingencies on your trust fund.
因為我提高了你信托基金的應急費用
Oh, really?
是嗎
Yeah, with a small caveat, of course.
沒錯 當然也附加了點額外條件
That you invest it all in the company
那就是你必須把這筆錢
along with your share of your mother's inheritance.
連同你母親留給你的遺產一起投入公司
Or I could just set it all on fire.
或者我也可以把它們都燒了
Ah, it's not a joke, son.
這可不是開玩笑 兒子
You need to send a message to the community.
你得向公眾做出一種姿態
What, that we're willing to throw good money after bad?
什么姿態 我們愿意花大錢亡羊補牢
No, that we're still willing to bet on ourselves.
不 是告訴他們我們還敢為自己賭一把
Look...
聽著
Every red cent of this family's net worth was earned
這份家業里的每一分錢
by making bold and calculated risks.
都是靠著大膽冒險掙來的
And as you can see, with very few exceptions,
如你所見 鮮少失敗
those ventures have paid off in spades.
這些險中求勝都獲得了極大的回報
Oh, I think mom might have a different opinion about that.
我想媽媽肯定不會同意你的觀點
Because directly or indirectly,
因為多多少少
what happened to her...
我們對她的死
that's on both of us.
負有一定的責任
Well, if that's the case, then rich or poor,
如果那么說的話 不管富裕還是貧窮
we're gonna have to live with that for the rest of our lives.
我們下半輩子都得生活在這種陰影下
I, for one, prefer the former.
僅就我自己而言 還是傾向富裕的生活