第一、精講短語
1. as long as:只要......就......
e.g. As long as I deliver the goods, my boss is very happy.
只要我做好本職工作,我的老板就很高興。
e.g. I'll never forget that as long as I am living.
這事我至死也不會忘記。
2. bother with sb./sth.
(1)為某人操心,為某人操勞
e.g. I saw no reason why I should bother with you any more.
我想我也不必為你再費心機了。
e.g. There is prejudice against the old by doctors and other medical personnel who don't like to bother with them.
醫生和其他醫務人員歧視老年人,不愿為他們操心。
(2)為某事操心,費神做某事
e.g. I had no more bother with the rash; the swims in salt water must have healed it up.
我不再受皮疹之苦了。在咸水里游泳定能使它痊愈。
e.g. You are not really going to bother with that trifle, are you?
您總不至于真的為了這件小事去勞神吧?
3. invite oneself for something:不請自來參與......
e.g. John invited himself for my birthday party. I had not sent the invitation to him.
我沒有發請柬給約翰,是他自己來的。
e.g. Jane invite herself for his wedding because she is his ex-girlfriend and she could not forget him, had broken up with him.
簡是他的前女友,分手后還是忘不記他,她沒有接到請柬便自己前往參加了他的結婚典禮。
4. take somebody to somewhere:帶某人去某處
e.g. It will put you out to take him to the station.
送他上車站將為你添麻煩。
e.g. Archie, take him to his room and put him to bed as usual.
阿爾奇,像往常一樣把他送到他屋里讓他去睡覺吧。
e.g. Once he fells ill, take him to the hospital .
一旦他病了就把他送到醫院去。
e.g. I'd better send for an ambulance to take him to the hospital.
我最好還是叫輛救護車帶他去醫院。
5 .be all for something:完全贊成......,全力支持......
e.g. He was all for the racy phrase.
他特別主張用生動的短語。
e.g. The President was all for the trip in principle.
總統原則上完全贊成這次旅行。
e.g. Charles was all for advancing on London, but practically all his followers were against it.
查理完全贊成向倫敦進軍,然而他的部下幾乎全都反對。
e.g. I’m all for your opinion.
我完全贊成你的意見。
第二、短語注釋
1. this time:這次
2. women’s right:女權
3. at home:在家
4 make the frock:縫紉連衣裙