本段對話選自Charlie And the Chocolate Factory,《查理和巧克力工廠》
Dear guests, greetings. Welcome to the factory.
親愛的貴賓,大家好。歡迎來到工廠。
I shake you warmly by the hand. My name is Willy Wonka.
我要熱情地和你們握手。我叫威利旺卡。
Then shouldn't you be up there?
那你不是應該在那上面嗎?
I couldn't very well watch the show from up there, now, could I,little girl?
坐在上面就看不到表演了,對吧?小女孩。
Mr.Wonka, I don't know ifyousll remember me…but I used to work here in the factory.
旺卡先生,不知道你記不記得我…我以前在貴工廠上班。
Were you one of those despicable spies who tried to steal...my life's wwk and sell it to parasitic, copy cat, candy-making cads?
你是愛剽竊別人的糖果商雇來的間諜…偷走我畢生的心血,賣給人家的人嗎?
No, sir.
不是。
Then wonderful. Welcome back. Let's get a move on, kids.
那就好,歡迎你回來。我們快開始吧,孩子們。
Don't you want to know our names?
你不想知道我們的名字嗎?
Can't imagine how it would matter. Come quickly.
我覺得沒必要耶??熳甙?,
Far too much to see. Just drop your coats anywhere.
有太多東西要看了。外套隨便丟就行了。
Mr.Wonka? Sure is toasty in here.
旺卡先朱,室內很熱耶。
What? I have to keep it warm in here.
什么?室內要保持溫暖,
My workers are used to an extremely hot climate.They just can't stand the cold.
因為我的員工都習慣熱帶氣候,他們受不了寒冷。
Who are the workers?
什么員工?
All in good time. Now.
待會兒就知道了,現在…