You're friendly with Jack Porter.
你和杰克·波特關系不錯
How well do you know him, exactly?
你到底有多了解他
Well, how well I know him is gonna be far less important
我有多了解他不重要 重要的是
than how he's known around town.
這附近的人怎么看他
Do we really want to
我們真的要向
suggest to the people who are gonna make up the jury pool
潛在陪審團成員暗示說
that Montauk's favorite son could be the killer?
蒙托克最受歡迎的人是兇手嗎
Well, unless Amanda Clarke surfaces,
除非阿曼達·克拉克現身
we may never know exactly what happened that night.
我們誰都不清楚那晚究竟發生了什么
And the defense could paint Jack as a typically sensible man
辯護律師會把杰克描繪成一個典型的愣頭青
driven to illogic by a conniving temptress.
被同謀的妖女迷得失去理智
Wouldn't be the first time.
這也不是他第一次這樣了
I think Emily's got a point, though.
但我倒認為艾米莉有一點說得對
These days, a bartender makes a far less compelling target
當今 一個富人可比小酒保
than a member of the 1%.
更容易被認為是兇手
What we need is a spin doctor on our side, a good one.
我們需要的是一個優秀的公關
Somebody who can help shape the public opinion
一個可以在謠言四起之前
before arguments even start.
控制輿論走勢的人
What about Mason Treadwell?
梅森·特德韋爾如何
Well, he hasn't returned any of my calls
他自從火災那夜起
since the night of the fire.
就一直不接我電話
He seems to have vanished as well.
他似乎也憑空消失了
I'm sure another trial of the decade
我相信另一場世紀審判
could help lure him out of hiding.
可以誘使他走出藏身之所
I'm gonna look into it.
我去調查一下
Excuse me.
先失陪了