重點講解:
1. have little to do sth.
與……沒什么關系;與……關系不大;
eg. My fame has little to do with my accomplishments.
我的名氣同我的成就毫無關系。
eg. His failing had little to do with me.
他的失敗與我并沒有多大關系。
2. it doesn't matter
不要緊;沒關系;不重要;都行;無所謂;隨便;
eg. 'Did I wake you?' — 'Yes, but it doesn't matter.'
“我把你吵醒了?”——“是的,不過沒關系。”
eg. 'Steve, what do you want?' — 'Coke, Pepsi, it doesn't matter.'
“史蒂夫,你要喝點什么?”——“可口可樂,百事,隨便啦。”
eg. It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life cause that's gonna happen. All it matters is how you gonna get up.
在生活中你如何被打倒不重要,重要的是你如何站起來。
3. in truth
實際上;事實上;
eg. In truth, we were both unhappy.
事實上,我們倆都不快樂。
eg. But she did not avoid weaknesses, but the same mistake again, in truth, path, gradually diverged.
但她并沒有揚長避短,而是一錯再錯,在真理的道路上,漸行漸遠。
4. wipe the slate clean
一筆勾銷;既往不咎;勾銷往事;
eg. Why not wipe the slate clean and start all over again?
為什么不洗心革面、從頭來過呢?
eg. Let's wipe the slate clean and forget our past quarrels.
讓我們捐棄前嫌,忘卻過去的爭吵吧。
5. look out for
留心;注意;留意;考慮…的利益;關照;
eg. Do look out for spelling mistakes when you check your work.
你檢查作業時要當心拼寫錯誤。
eg. I felt that I had to look out for myself, because I didn't see that anyone else was going to.
我覺得必須為自己考慮一下了,因為我看不出還有誰會替我考慮。
名人簡介:
主持欄目
占據CNN頻道黃金時段的“安德森·庫珀360度”是一檔突破傳統、涵蓋范圍廣泛的新聞節目。
它超越新聞標題本身,就發生在世界各個角落的新聞故事向電視觀眾進行深層次、多角度、全方位的報道,并與觀眾進行即時互動。