特別聲明
該文章中的語段選自《書蟲》之《苔絲》,語段精講為可可編輯編寫。
品嚼語段
"Why are you going, Tess?"he asked."Are you afraid?"
“為什么要走開呢,苔絲?”他問,“是害怕嗎?”
"Oh no, sir, not of outdoor things."
“噢,不是的,先生,不是怕野外的東西?!?/p>
"But indoors?"
“那么,是屋里的什么嘍?”
"Well, yes, sir."
“嗯,是的,先生?!?/p>
"Life in general?"
“概括地說,是人生?”
"Yes,sir."
“是的,先生?!?/p>
"Ah, so am I,very often.Being alive is rather serious,don't you think so?"
“啊,我也害怕這個,常常害怕。生活是相當嚴酷的,你是不是這樣認為?”
"It is, now you put it like that."
“是吧,既然你這么說了?!?/p>
"All the same, I wouldn't expect a young girl like you to feel that.
“雖然如此,我還是沒有料到一個像你這樣的年輕姑娘會有這種感覺,
Why? Come, tell me."
為什么?來,跟我說說吧?!?/p>
After a moment's hesitation she answered,
她躊躇了一會兒,
"The trees ask questions with their eyes, don't they?
回答道:“這些樹都長著眼睛,它們用眼睛問問題,是不是?
And you seem to see hundreds of tomorrows all in a line,the first big and clear, the others getting smaller.
你仿佛看見許許多多的明天全都排成一行。最先的這個明天是最大、最清晰的,而后面的那些就變得越來越小了。
But they all look fierce and cruel.
但是,它們看起來都那么兇暴、殘酷。
But you can drive away all these ideas with your music, sir!"
不過你可以用你的音樂把所有這些想法都驅散,先生!”