Ben Gunn had told me his boat was hidden near the white rock,and I found that rock farther along the beach.
本·葛恩告訴過我他的小船藏在白巖石附近,我在遠處的海邊找到了那巖石。
The little boat was hidden in the grass-a small,rough thing,made of wood and goat-skins.
小船藏在草叢中—是木頭和山羊皮制成的船,又小又粗糙。
I knew I should go back to the stockade now,
我知道我應該立刻回到寨子里去,
but an idea came to me and I sat down to wait for darkness.
但一種意念驅使我坐下來等著天黑。
As the last of the day disappeared,there were two lights in the blackness.
在落日的最后一絲余光消失之后,我只能看見兩點火光。
One came from a great fire on the shore where the pirates sat singing and drinking;
一個是岸上海盜們巨大的篝火堆,海盜們圍著篝火喝酒,唱歌;
the other came from the Hispaniola out at sea.
另一個來自海面上的伊斯帕尼奧拉號。
I put the small boat on my shoulders and carried it to the edge of the water,then I put it in the sea.
我把小船扛在肩上運到水邊,放在海里。
It was a very safe boat,but difficult to control.
這只船非常安全,
It turned every way except the one I wanted to go!
但極難控制,它就是不朝我要去的方向前進!
The sea carried me out to the Hispaniola.
我在海上向伊斯帕尼奧拉號劃去。
I knew if I cut the anchor rope at the wrong moment,the Hispaniola would make a sudden move out to sea,and my boat might be knocked out of the water.
我知道如果我在錯誤的時刻砍斷繩索,伊斯帕尼奧拉號就會突然離岸,我的小船也勢必傾覆。
So I took my knife and cut almost through the rope,then waited,listening to the sound of two loud voices coming from the cabin.
我抽出刀來一股一股地割繩索,在繩索將斷時稍停片刻。我聽見船艙里有兩個人高聲談話。
Both men sounded drunk,and both were angry.
兩個人好像喝醉了,而且都怒氣沖沖的。

關于《金銀島》
《金銀島》曾被譯成各國文字在世界上廣泛流傳,并多次被搬上銀幕。