Chapter 3 The black spot
Chapter 3 黑券
Later that day, I took the captain a cool drink.
那天晚些時候,我送了一杯清涼飲料到老船長屋里去。
Jim, he said,you're the only person here worth anything.
吉姆,他說,這里我只看得起你一個人。
You'll bring me some rum ,won't you, boy?
你給我拿一杯朗姆酒來好不好?
The doctor said—I began.
大夫說——我開始說。
He swore about the doctor.
他立即咒罵起大夫來。
Look, Jim, one glass is all I ask.
聽著,吉姆,我只要一杯朗姆酒,
I'll pay you for it.
我可以付錢。
The only money I want, I said,is the money you owe my father.
我想要的,我說,只是你欠我父親的錢。
But I'll get you one glass of rum ,no more.
我可以給你一杯朗姆酒,不能再多了。
He was grateful and drank it quickly.
他非常感激我,然后把酒一飲而盡。
Did the doctor say how long I must lie in my bed?he asked.
大夫說我要在床上躺多久?他問。