I'll never forget the noise,and the smells,and the crowds.
城市的擁擠、喧囂摻和著種種氣味至今令我記憶猶新。
There were 200,000 people living in the City of London,
倫敦市內生活著20萬居民—
I never saw so many people before in my life.
我以前從未見過這么多的人。
We went down to the river Thames and saw the famous London Bridge,
我們來到了泰晤士河,看到了著名的倫敦橋,
with all its shops and houses.
及商店和住宅鱗次櫛比。
Down the river was the Tower of London.
河下游便是倫敦塔,
Enemies of the Queen went into the Tower through the river gate,
女王的敵人一旦從河 上的閘門進了這座塔,
and mostly came out without their heads.
幾乎不能生還。
We found a small inn in Eastcheap,not too expensive,
我們在東切普塞德街找到一處不太貴的小客棧住下,
and had some bread,meat,and beer for our supper.
晚飯吃了幾塊面包、肉,喝了點啤酒。
Well,we're here!Will said.At last!
哇,我們終于到了這兒!威爾說道,終于!
Mmm,I said.What do we do next?
是啊,我說,接下來我們干什么呢?