- She’s a handsome boat. - Yeah.
這船真漂亮
Reminds one of the longboats they would run...
那些人當年就是劃著船載大艇
...out of the sweet harbor at Bantry Bay.
從班里灣的美麗港口出海的
Actually, I designed this one based on a Portuguese boat.
實際上我是以葡萄牙船為原型設計的
But historically, you’re correct, yeah.
就歷史而言你沒說錯
- You built this boat yourself? - Yes, sir.
-是你親手做的? -是啊,先生
- You build boats? - No, no.
-你造過船? -沒有
Truth be told, I don’t know the first thing about them.
老實說,我對這行一竅不通
- But I do appreciate a work of art. - Well, thank you, sir.
-但我懂得欣賞藝術作品 -謝謝,先生
I’m about to sell this work of art to a guy who’s gonna cut it in half...
我正要把這藝術品 賣給一個想把它劈成兩半...
...and stick it on his wall. - Oh, no.
-安在墻上的家伙 -不會吧
Yeah. I’m about to take her out for a last paddle before I meet the butcher at noon.
我打算在和劊子手見面之前 最后讓它下次水
Why would you do a thing like that?
干嘛要這樣做?
It’s a long story. Something about the violation of expectations...
說來話長,有些事事與愿違...
...and a crushing loss of faith in love and life and art.
讓人對愛對生活對藝術的信念破滅了
- So it’s a girl. - Yes.
-看來和女人有關 -是啊
I’ve had a little girl trouble myself lately.
我有個女兒最近也在自尋煩惱
But better to have loved and lost. Am I right?
但總比得而復失要好,是吧?
She was a unique constellation of attributes.
她是一顆卓爾不凡的星
She was my Halley’s comet.
是我的哈雷彗星