Welcome.
歡迎
You've got mail.
您有新郵件
"Brinkley is my dog. We both love New York streets. " Although he likes to eat pizza and bagel off the sidewalk... ...and I prefer to buy it.
布克林是我的狗 他和我一樣都喜歡紐約的街道 可是他會去撿路邊的披薩和百吉圈 而我寧愿去買來吃。
Brinkley is a great catcher who was offered a tryout on the Mets.
布克林很會接棒球 大都會棒球隊曾經請他去面試(美國臭名昭著的棒球隊)
But he chose to stay with me so he could spend 18 hours a day......sleeping on a large pillow the size of an inner tube.
但是他寧愿和我在一起 這樣他就可以一天18個小時 都躺在大綠枕頭上
Don 't you love New York in the fall? Makes me want to buy school supplies.
你喜不喜歡紐約的秋天 這讓我有沖動去買學校用品
I' m almost ready.
我快準備好了
I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils... ...if I knew your name and address.
如果我知道你的名字和住址 那我就可以寄給你一盒 新削好的鉛筆
On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms.
但是換個角度想 不知道可以制造神秘感
Did you push it?
你有沒有按下去
Yes, I pushed it.
有,我按下去了
I' m so late.
我已經遲到了
Random House fired Dick Atkins. Good riddance!
藍登出版社開除了狄克艾金斯 這是個好消息
Murray Chilton died. That's one less person l' m not speaking to.
摩利查爾頓死了 又走了一個我討厭的人
Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!
快點…
Vince got a great review. He'll be insufferable.
文斯的作品受到好評 他又該難以忍受了
Tonight, PEN dinner.
今晚要參加紐約詩人協會晚宴
Am I going?
我也要去嗎?
Joy Fox, you promised!
喬福斯,你答應了。
It's black-tie. Can't I just give money instead?
這個太正式了,能不能捐錢了事
What is it this week? Free Albanian writers?
這個禮拜又要募捐什么?讓阿爾巴尼亞有藝術創造自由嗎?
I'm in favor of that.
這我很贊成
Okay, I'll go.
我去…
You're late.
你已經遲到了
I know, I know.
我知道…