Carrie. You’re the older one,. You can’t take the bait.
凱莉,你是姐姐,讓著點
I have teeth marks on my arm.
我的手臂上還有她的牙印。
I know that Dorrit can be difficult. But... Your mom would want you two to get along.
我知道多莉特不太隨和。可你媽會希望你們和平相處
Yeah, yeah, I know.
好,好,我知道。
All right? So whatever you two were fighting about, it’s not worth it.
好嗎?那不管你們吵什么,都沒必要。
She stole mom’s purse.
她偷了媽媽的手提包。
You don’t know that.
你沒法確定。
I can’t go to school without that purse, dad.
我不能不帶那個手提包上學,爸。
You’re going to school.
你得去上學
I don’t have anything to wear.
我沒衣服穿
Come on. You’ve got a whole floor full of clothing.
不是吧,滿地都是你的衣服。
No. Mom used to take me shopping for an outfit.
不,媽媽以前常帶我去買衣服。
It was--was a thing we did, you know? Back to school clothes?
這是我們的傳統,你知道嗎?開學服裝
Okay, did you want me to take you?
好吧,你想讓我帶你去買嗎
No, no, that was, um... Supposed to be mom.
不,不是,那該。。。是我媽才對。
I see.
我懂了
I just... I need the purse.
我只是需要那個手提包
I--I need a piece of her.
我需要她的遺物
I have an idea.
我有辦法了
My mother left us on Memorial Day.
我媽是在陣亡將軍紀念日過世的(5月30日)
And that’s what this closet felt like… a memorial.
那也是這個衣帽間給人的感覺。。。一種紀念
A still life of our life without her, as if leaving it untouched might somehow bring her back.
沒有她卻依然過著的日子,仿佛不去觸碰,就可能讓她歸來。
We had been forbidden to enter… until now.
爸爸一直不許我們進去。。。直到現在