- Why didn’t we? - Too tall.
- 為什么我們不? - 太高了
Let’s face it, it’s true.
我們要面對, 這是真的
From the beginning, you just don’t fit in. Literally.
從一開始你就無法融入,完全的
- So then you don’t. - I know, it’s true.
- 那就算了唄 - 我知道那是真的
Do not bait Father about politics when he comes.
爸爸來的時候不要跟他開政治玩笑
- No. - Or he won’t pick up the check.
- 不要 - 否則他不會付錢的
- He won’t, will he? - I can’t make any promises.
- 他不會,是嗎? - 我不敢承諾
- He loves Senator McCarthy. - Oh, I know.
- 他喜歡麥卡錫 - 這我知道
- Pasadena. - Pasadena.
- 帕薩迪納 - 帕薩迪納
Jinx.
倒霉
Dort, do you have... You have the Brie.
Dort,你有...你有布里乳酪嗎?
- Is this the Brie? - Yes. Yes, that’s the Brie.
- 是這個嗎? - 是的, 是的,就是它
Is that not the most wonderful cheese you ever had in your life?
它是你這輩子吃過的最好的芝士吧?
- Yes! - Yes.
- 是的 - 是的
The answer’s yes.
答案就是“沒錯”
I got the chef at Chez la Mere Michel to give me the recipe for beurre blanc.
Chez La Mere Michel的主廚給了我黃油白沙司的食譜
Beurre blanc. What’s beurre blanc?
黃油白沙司,什么是黃油白沙司?
- Butter in a white wine vinegar reduction. - I love butter.
- 黃油和白酒白醋調成的 - 我喜歡黃油
You whisk them together,
你把它們攪拌在一起
and the acid in the vinegar works on the milk solids in the butter
醋酸能和黃油里的牛奶發生作用
so that the butter, instead of melting, becomes this
所以黃油不僅不會化開
creamy, light, frothy,
還會變成輕飄飄的泡沫
with kind of a fantastic subtle kind of...
散發著夢幻般微妙的...
Tangy.
香氣