We’ll be the next Mrs. Joy of Cooking.
我們將成為下一位“快樂烹飪”女士
Maybe. All right. Well, let’s try. Let’s just give it a...
也許,好吧,讓我們試試 只是給它
Can I help?
我能幫忙嗎?
Yeah. It is mieux.
那再好不過了
So, yes. They’re early. Americans!
他們提早到了,美國人
Dear Dorothy, your sister, Julia, is now a cooking teacher.
親愛的Dorothy 你的妹妹Julia,現在是一名烹飪教師了
We have three students who pay $2 a class.
我們有3個學生,每節課付2塊錢
Barely enough to cover the cost of the food, but who cares?
這幾乎還不夠食材的成本呢 但誰在乎?
Simca, Louisette, and I are Les Trois Gourmandes. Simca、Louisette
和我 就是開心烹飪三人組
Although sometimes we are only Les Deux Gourmandes
盡管有時候我們只是兩人組
because Louisette turns out to have headaches
因為Louisette正好趕上頭疼發作
and doctor’s appointments she schedules during class.
她和醫生的預約在上課時間
I have a little headache.
我有點頭疼
You’ll meet them both when you come here next month,
如果你下個月過來,就能看到她們倆
unless, of course, Louisette is having a stomachache.
當然,除非 Louisette正好又胃疼了
Perfection. And even if it isn’t, never apologize.
完美 即便不是,也決不用道歉
No excuses! No explanations.
沒有借口,沒有解釋
Louisette abandoned us, another stomachache.
Louisette拋下了我們 她又胃疼了
And the day before that,
而在前一天
she left class before we even finished making the chocolate Bavarian cream.
我們還沒做完巴伐利亞巧克力冰淇淋 她就早退了
I can’t believe that’s the only time her dentist could see her.
我真不敢相信 那是她能約見牙醫的唯一時間