小編絮語:
每日床頭啃一段語篇,您的生活質量更加高。
啃嚼語段:
The next morning he was woken up by someone kicking at the shop door.
第二天一大早,他被店門口一陣踢門聲驚醒。
"Open the door,will you?"shouted a voice through the keyhole.
“開開門,好嗎?”有人透過鑰匙孔喊道。
"Yes,sir."
“就來,先生。”
"I suppose you"re the new boy,"said the voice through the keyhole. "How old are you?"
“你大概就是新來的學徒吧?”從鑰匙孔里傳進來的聲音問道,“你多大了?”
"Ten, sir."
“十歲了,先生。”
"The n I"ll hit you when I get in,"said the voice.
“那么我進去就揍你一頓。”那聲音接著說。
Oliver was experienced enough to know that the promise was probably true.
奧利弗很有經驗,認為他很可能真的說到做到。
He opened the door with a shaking hand,then looked up and down the street.
他用顫抖的手打開了門,然后,來回掃視了一下街面,
All he could see was a large boy wearing the uniform of one of the charity schools,where the children of the very poor used to go.
只看見一個穿著一家慈善學校制服的大個子男孩。慈善學校是窮人家孩子上的學校。
"Did you want a coffin?"asked Oliver,innocently.
“您要棺材嗎?”奧利弗無知地問。
The charity-boy looked at him fiercely.

這個慈善學校的男孩兇狠地看著他。
"You"ll be needing a coffin soon,Workhouse,if you make jokes like that!
“你才馬上要用棺材了。如果你是那么開玩笑的話,我就管你叫濟貧院!
I"m Mister Noah Claypole, and you"re working under me.
我是諾厄·克萊普爾先生,你是在我手下干活的。
Now,hurry up and open the curtains!" as he said this, he kicked Oliver and entered the shop.
現在,馬上打開簾子!”他說著,抬腿朝奧利弗踢了一腳,然后走進了鋪子。
He was a big,clumsy boy of about fourteen, with a large head and very small eyes.
他大約十四歲,大塊頭,笨手笨腳的,一個大腦袋上長了一雙很小的眼睛。
Added to the attractions were a red nose and dirty yellow trousers.
除了這些非凡品貌以外,他還有一個紅鼻子和一條臟兮兮的黃褲子。