Harry got up and crossed to the window next to the message on the wall.
哈利爬起身,走向墻上那些文字旁邊的窗戶。
Hermione was pointing at the topmost pane, where around twenty spiders were scuttling, apparently fighting to get through a small crack.
赫敏指著最上面的那塊玻璃,那里大約有二十只蜘蛛正在慌慌張張地爬行,似乎急于從玻璃上的一道小縫中鉆出去。
A long, silvery thread was dangling like a rope, as though they had all climbed it in their hurry to get outside.
一根長長的銀絲像繩索一樣掛下來,看樣子它們就是通過這根絲匆匆爬上來,逃向窗外的。
“Have you ever seen spiders act like that?” said Hermione wonderingly.
“你看見過蜘蛛這種樣子嗎?”赫敏納悶地問。
“No,” said Harry, “have you, Ron? Ron?”
“沒有,”哈利說,“你呢,羅恩?羅恩?”
He looked over his shoulder. Ron was standing well back and seemed to be fighting the impulse to run.
他扭過頭來。羅恩遠遠地站在后面,似乎正強忍住想逃走的沖動。
“What's up?” said Harry.
“怎么啦?”哈利問。
“I—don't—like—spiders,” said Ron tensely.
“我—不喜—不喜歡—蜘蛛。”羅恩緊張地說。
“I never knew that,” said Hermione, looking at Ron in surprise.
“這我倒沒聽說過,”赫敏說,驚訝地看著羅恩,
“You've used spiders in Potions loads of times. . . .”
“你在魔藥課上那么多次使用蜘蛛……”
“I don't mind them dead,” said Ron, who was carefully looking anywhere but at the window.
“死蜘蛛我不在乎,”羅恩說,小心地將目光避開那扇窗戶,
“I just don't like the way they move. . . .”
“我只是不喜歡它們爬動的樣子—”
Hermione giggled.
赫敏咯咯地笑了。
“It's not funny,” said Ron, fiercely.
“有什么好笑的,”羅恩惱怒地說,