and the hat had said, Oh, well, if you're sure . . . better be Gryffindor. . . .
于是那帽子說:“哦,好吧,既然你這么確定……那就不妨去格蘭芬多……”
As they were shunted along in the throng, Colin Creevey went past.
三個人被擁過來的人群擠到了一邊,這時,科林克里維從他們身邊走過。
“Hiya, Harry!”
“你好,哈利!”
“Hullo, Colin,” said Harry automatically.
“你好,科林。”哈利隨口答道。
“Harry — Harry — a boy in my class has been saying you're —”
“哈利——哈利——我們班上的一個男生最近一直說你是——”
But Colin was so small he couldn't fight against the tide of people bearing him toward the Great Hall; they heard him squeak, “See you, Harry!” and he was gone.
然而科林的個頭太小了,擋不住把他推向禮堂的人流。他們只聽見他尖聲叫了一句:“再見,哈利!”就消失得無影無蹤。
“What's a boy in his class saying about you?” Hermione wondered.
“他們班上的那個男生說你什么呢?”赫敏不解地問。
“That I'm Slytherin's heir, I expect,” said Harry,
“我想,大概說我是斯萊特林的繼承人吧。”哈利說,
his stomach dropping another inch or so as he suddenly remembered the way Justin Finch-Fletchley had run away from him at lunchtime.
他的心又往下沉了一點兒,因為他突然想起吃午飯時賈斯廷芬列里匆忙逃避他的樣子。
“People here'll believe anything,” said Ron in disgust.
“這里的人什么都相信。”羅恩厭惡地說。
The crowd thinned and they were able to climb the next staircase without difficulty.
人群漸漸稀疏了,他們終于能夠毫不費力地登上樓梯。
“D'you really think there's a Chamber of Secrets?” Ron asked Hermione.
“你真的認為有密室嗎?”羅恩問赫敏。
“I don't know,” she said, frowning. “Dumbledore couldn't cure Mrs.Norris,
“我不知道,”她說著,皺起了眉頭,“鄧布利多治不好洛麗絲夫人,