He mentioned it to the landlord?
他向旅館主人提起?
Why would he mention such a thing to the landlord?
他為什么會向旅館主人提起這種事?
Well, you’re a famous writer and you’re well known in the district.
你是著名的作家 在這個領域你很出名
So how can you help me on this?
這件事你怎樣幫我呢?
No one came to see me.I’ve no idea who this man is.
沒人來找我我不清楚這人是誰
And I know no one called Tindle.
我也不認識有叫做汀多的人
You don’t, eh?
你不認識 呃?
What are you?A joker?
你是什么? 愛開玩笑的人嗎?
What do you mean?
什么意思?
I mean you’re pretty quick on your feet.
我指的是你反應相當快
You should have been a ballet dancer.
你應該當個芭蕾舞蹈家的
I can just see you doing pirouettes.
我能想像你墊著腳尖跳舞
-Ever worn a pair of tights?-Not me.
-曾穿過緊身衣嗎? -沒有
They’d suit you.
很適合你
Nice house.
房子不錯
Thanks.
謝謝
-Design it yourself?-It’s 18th-century.
-你自己設計的? -它是十八世紀的房子
No, no, I meant this.The inside.
不 不 我是指這個 室內
That was my wife.
噢 是我妻子
Oh, your wife.Is she here, by the way?
噢 你妻子 順便問一下她在嗎?
No.
不在
Popped up to London?
臨時去了倫敦嗎?
She’s not here.
她不在這里
She’s an interior decorator, then?
那么 她是室內裝潢師嗎?
Something like that.
差不多是
It’s a great gift, isn’t it?
很棒的天份 是不是?
You’re a lucky man.
你是個幸運男人
You got an ashtray?
你有煙灰缸嗎?
I’m ready for another beer.
我準備再來一瓶啤酒