In the '80s, and the Cold War was far from thawed
那是80年代,冷戰尚未結束。
Most of the deals were government-to-government.
多數的交易是政府之間的。
It was a mostly private club...
幾乎都是私人軍火俱樂部。
with a lifetime club president.
主席都是終生職。
That's him. The big shot?
就是他 哦,那個大人物。
Simeon Weisz, Angola, Mozambique,
席米恩·懷斯。
those Exocet missiles in the Falklands.
安哥拉、莫桑比克等國的代表。
He was selling guns before there was gunpowder.
火藥還沒發明前,他就已經在賣槍。
Be right back.
馬上回來。
Mr. Weisz? Mr. Weisz!
懷斯先生...懷斯先生!
It's okay, they're talking.
沒關系,他們只是談一談。
May I help?
我可以幫助你嗎?
A mutual friend, Eli Kurtzman
布萊頓灘進出口公司的伊萊·克茲曼。
from Brighton Beach,
您我都認識的。
import/export said to contact you.
要我來與您聯系。
I have a business proposal
我有一個生意企劃。
and I thought perhaps we could discuss it.
或許我們能討論一下。
I don't think you and I are in the same business.
我想我們不是做同一種生意。
You think I just sell guns, don't you?
你以為我只是賣槍的軍火商,對吧?
I don't. I take sides.
不對!我是有立場的。
But in the Iran-lraq war you sold guns to both sides.
但兩伊戰爭中,您賣過軍火給雙方。
Did you ever consider that I wanted both sides to lose?
你有沒想過,或許我想讓兩邊都輸。