A classroom with 50 students
一班五十個學生
can be daunting for anyone.
任何人都會望而生畏的
John, besides, you're a terrible teacher.
約翰 再說了 你也不是個好老師
I'm an acquired taste, Martin.
有深度的人才懂得欣賞我 馬丁
I was hoping there still might be something I could contribute.
我希望能有貢獻的機會
What about the...
那...
Well, you know.
那個 其實你也知道
Are they gone?
他們消失了嗎?
No, they're not gone.
不 他們仍在這里
And maybe they never will be.
也許永遠不會消失
But I've gotten used to ignoring them
但是我已習慣不理會他們
and I think as a result they've kind of given up on me.
而他們也有點兒想放棄我
You think that's what it's like with
你以為我們的夢
all our dreams and our nightmares, Martin?
以及惡夢就是 這樣的嗎 馬丁?
You've got to keep feeding them for them to stay alive?
不停的飼養他們 讓他們活者?
John, they... haunt you, though.
約翰 可是 他們 經常困擾你
They're my past, Martin. Everybody's haunted by their past.
他們是我的過去 其實每個人都被過去所纏繞
Well, good-bye.
再見啦
John, I'll talk to the department.
我會和學校談的
Maybe in the spring.
也許春季就能開始