It was so late that the Gryffindor common room was almost empty.
格蘭芬多的公共休息室里幾乎沒有人了。
Harry went straight up to the dormitory.
哈利直接上樓回到宿舍,
Ron wasn't back yet.
羅恩還沒有回來。
Harry pulled on his pajamas, got into bed, and waited.
哈利穿上睡衣,躺到床上等著。
Half an hour later, Ron arrived, nursing his right arm and bringing a strong smell of polish into the darkened room.
一小時后,羅恩揉著右胳膊進來了,給黑暗的房間里帶來一股去污光亮劑的氣味。
“My muscles have all seized up,” he groaned, sinking on his bed.
“我的肌肉都僵了。”他呻吟著倒在床上,
“Fourteen times he made me buff up that Quidditch Cup before he was satisfied.
“他讓我把那個魁地奇獎杯擦了十四遍才滿意。
And then I had another slug attack all over a Special Award for Services to the School.
后來我在擦一塊‘對學校特殊貢獻獎'的獎牌時,又吐了一回鼻涕蟲,
Took ages to get the slime off. . . . How was it with Lockhart?”
花了一個世紀才擦掉那些黏液……洛哈特那兒怎么樣?”
Keeping his voice low so as not to wake Neville, Dean, and Seamus, Harry told Ron exactly what he had heard.
哈利壓低嗓門,免得吵醒納威、迪安和西莫,把他聽到的聲音告訴了羅恩。
“And Lockhart said he couldn't hear it?” said Ron.
“洛哈特說他沒聽見?”羅恩問。
Harry could see him frowning in the moonlight.
月光下,哈利看到羅恩皺著眉頭。
“D'you think he was lying? But I don't get it — even someone invisible would've had to open the door.”
“你覺得他是撒謊嗎?可我想不通——就是隱形人也需要開門啊。”
“I know,” said Harry, lying back in his four-poster and staring at the canopy above him.
“是啊,”哈利躺下去,盯著四柱床的頂篷,
“I don't get it either.”
“我也想不通。”